Dr. Stier is an Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Boston Univ. School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. She has lectured extensively
Dr. Stier is a board-certified gynecologist who has been treating men for more than 12 years, using techniques adapted from those developed to screen women for cervical cancer.
Those who have precancers need to be examined once or twice a year, because the growths tend to recur. Dr. Stier notes that the procedures are embarrassing and uncomfortable for patients, and it takes time for a doctor to gain their trust. Many of her patients are poor, from minority groups and infected with H.I.V. Dr. Stier works with patients some of whom live in shelters and/or have histories of drug use. She understands that anal disorders add more stigma.
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College New York, NY, 1991
- Harvard Univ. Extension and Harvard Summer School Cambridge, MA, 1984-86
- A.B., Brown Univ. Providence, RI, 1982
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, The New York Hospital – Cornell Medical Center New York, NY, 1993-96
- Internship and residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush – Presbyterian – St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago IL, 1991-93