What is the CAB?
A Community Advisory Board (CAB) is a volunteer community forum for study researchers and staff to learn how to serve better the communities to whom their research pertains.
ANCHOR NATIONAL CAB THE MISSION OF THE ANCHOR STUDY CAB IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Convey ethical, practical, and community concerns in the conduct and implementation of the ANCHOR study to the study team;
- Assess outreach efforts for the ANCHOR Study;
- Educate the HIV-positive and wider communities about the ANCHOR trial and its rationale;
- By providing community feedback to the protocol team, assist the ANCHOR protocol team in overcoming obstacles and impediments to enrolling participants in the ANCHOR trial;
- Advise ANCHOR study on recruitment and advertising materials.