Jessica Korman, MD might not have expected to pursue a career in medicine when she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Religion and Middle East Studies from the University of Rochester where she was also elected to Phi Beta Kappa. But after spending a year studying abroad in Egypt and Israel and volunteering with Physicians for Human Rights, she was well prepared to do just that. Following her certificate from the post-baccalaureate pre-medical program at Georgetown University, Dr. Korman moved to New York to earn her medical degree from The Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
Dr. Korman completed her Internal Medicine residency and Gastroenterology fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, in the Bronx, New York where she was recognized by the Leo M. Davidoff Society for Outstanding Achievement in the Teaching of Medical Students. It was during her training that she developed a strong interest in colorectal cancer screening, anal neoplasia and the prevention of anal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, as well as acute and chronic liver diseases. She was recognized by the Division of Gastroenterology at Montefiore Medical Center with the Dr. Marcel Zimetbaum Complete Physician Award which is given to the physician who most consistently brings care, compassion, kindness, comfort and knowledge to his or her patients’ care. Dr. Korman has been consistently recognized by her peers as at “Top Doctor” in Washingtonian magazine.
Dr. Korman enjoys spending time with her husband and their two daughters. Her personal interests include film, fitness and reading. .
- Doctor of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Residency, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Post Baccalaureate, Pre-Medical Certificate, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- B.A., Religion and Third World Studies: The Middle East, U. Rochester, Rochester, NY